Most people have recently acquainted themselves with the new way of depositing cash to KCB bank account through mpesa, however, few don’t have an idea of how to go about it.
In this post, you are going to have a clear understanding of how to do it in the most simplest form.
In the old days, clients had to queue for long hours to deposit a few bucks in their bank accounts, but after the technological revolution, those tiring processes ended.
It has now become easier than ever to send money to your KCB bank account as you can do it in the comfort of your living room or better yet in the bathroom.
The only thing that is needed to complete the M-PESA-KCB transaction is just the pay bill number, your KCB bank account number, and some cash in the M-Pesa wallet.
Table of Contents
How to send cash from M-PESA to the KCB bank account
The first step to start this process is to ensure the pay bill and account number are correct because if you ever make a mistake of putting wrong numbers, your hard-earned cash might disappear into a thin air.
After thoroughly confirming all details are accurate, the next step is to follow the below procedures on how to send money to KCB through mpesa.
- Open the sim tool kit application and click mpesa on the phone.
- Scroll down and select lipa na mpesa on the menu.
- Select the paybill number and enter 522522 as the business number.
- Next, you will be asked for your account number which is your bank account number, and enter ok.
- Put in the amount of money you wish to deposit and hit enter.
- The final step is to carefully enter the mpesa pin, confirm all details and click ok. That’s it!
After a few seconds, you will receive an mpesa confirmation message and KCB’s confirmation message a few seconds later.
If you are wondering on how to transfer cash to another KCB bank account that you do not own the process is similar though the only part to change is on account number.
How to withdraw money from the KCB bank account to the M-Pesa wallet
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to simply go about it.
- The first step is to dial *522# on the phone keypad and enter the M-benki secret pin when prompted.
- From the pop-up menu click mykash and then mpesa.
- As you can see mpesa has multiple ways to send money either to your phone number or any other number.
- After entering the phone number to receive money, continue and put the amount of cash you wish to send. Please note that you can only put between a minimum of kes50 and a maximum of kes70,000.
- As you type the money to send the system simultaneously shows you the transaction cost to incur.
- The final step is to complete and accept the transaction.
After the successful process, you will receive a confirmation sms in due time.
How to open Kcb M-benki on M-Pesa
Below are steps to follow to open KCB mbenki through the M-Pesa menu.
- On the mpesa menu scroll down and select the lipa na mpesa option.
- Proceed and enter 522522 as a paybill number
- Next on the account number type “ID” in capital letters followed by the national identification number without space. For example, ‘ID2456753’.
- In the last step enter amount to deposit followed by the M-Pesa pin.
Wait for a few minutes to receive two messages, one with your KCB mbenki account number and the other with a temporary pin that will be changed later.
Why it’s important to have a KCB M-BENKI account
- Mbenki helps clients and users with the convenience of checking bank statements, balances, and airtime purchases through their smartphones.
- Faster and easy to transfer money to their bank accounts
- It’s less time-consuming and convenient to deposit and withdraw cash through mpesa.
- It’s simple to buy airtime on any network